Founded in 2004, Intersec is a global pioneer in mobile data and location intelligence solutions, locating, tracking, and mapping 1 billion mobile devices 24/7 for 75 customers in 45 countries. Its fast data platform allows public authorities and telecommunication companies to turn massive amounts of cellular data into actionable insights, in real-time.
GeoSafe by Intersec is a rich portfolio of public safety and mission-critical ready-made solutions, including:
- Early & Public warning system (EWS/PWS) and situational awareness
- Emergency call location and routing
- Location investigations for LEAs
Leading PWS provider in the European Union
- Leading PWS provider in the European Union, covering 30% of the EU population (France, Germany, Portugal, Croatia, Luxembourg)
- A strong proponent of combining Cell Broadcast and Location-Based SMS to communicate much more effectively with the population and stay ahead of the crisis management
- A fully integrated and modular national public warning architecture, at both governments and mobile carriers levels
- Future-proof and scalable platform, ready to integrate Galileo EWS
- Tailored for both on-premises deployments and Cloud/SaaS model
“We were attracted by the completeness of Intersec's solution, by its experience in delivering messages on a very large scale depending on the real-time location of recipients, and by the willingness of its teams to keep this solution at the cutting edge of technology over the years to come." - Romain Moutard, Program Director, French Ministry of the Interior
Emergency calls: the most advanced positioning engine on the market
On December 16, 2022, the European Commission published a directive requiring competent regulatory authorities to establish, by 5 March 2024, the caller location accuracy and reliability criteria to be met through network-based and handset-derived technologies, to bridge the gap for Advanced Mobile Location (AML) corner cases.
- Our emergency call location solution combines multidimensional cellular and non-cellular locating capabilities to provide emergency services and first responders with critical, up-to-date information, allowing them to save more lives. It complements the AML technology in any case, reducing blind spots.
- Intersec has been recognized by Gartner in 2022 as a key location intelligence player. To deliver the best accuracy to PSAPs, Intersec orchestrates its extensive stack of location technologies including GMLC, SMLC, SAS, e-SMLC, LMF, real-time passive geolocation, LRF/RDF, CLF, and AML Gateway.
Intersec at a glance:
- Founded in 2004
- 150 employees around the world
- 19 years of telco experience
- 1 billion mobile devices located 24/7
- 75 customers in 45 countries
- The most comprehensive set of location techniques on the market
- Privacy by design
- Simplicity, reliability, relevancy
- Modular, interoperable, and highly scalable solutions
- 5G-ready platform powered by AI and fast data
- Network-vendor agnostic
- Compatible with any cellular network design
last updated: May 2023