Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by responsible operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in telecom and enterprise networks, devices, and cloud computing. Our ICT solutions, products, and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world’s population. With more than 170,000 employees, Huawei is committed to enabling the future information society, and building a Better Connected World.
By leveraging our strong R&D capabilities, comprehensive technical expertise, and continuous technical innovations, Huawei is committed to building an open, flexible, resilient, and secure platform in the enterprise market to orchestrate a sustainable, multi-win ecosystem. Huawei provides a series of C-C4ISR Safe City solutions that support the collaborative public safety vision to help public safety customers build digital platforms and improve inter-agency and community collaboration. Effective prevention, accurate resource deployment, fast analysis and decision, visual command, and efficient collaboration between multiple departments help governments reduce crime rates, improve crisis prevention and emergency response capabilities, and ensure safe and predictable security.
Huawei’s public safety solutions are now serving more than 700 cities in over 100 countries and regions, helping governments accelerate digital transformation of public safety.Huawei’s public safety solutions are now serving more than 700 cities in over 100 countries and regions, helping governments accelerate digital transformation of public safety.
Huawei public safety solutions overview is as follows:
1. Visualization: visual on-site conditions and resources (police and emergency resources); unified command on the same GIS map
2. Convergence: converged communication methods – seamless video (video surveillance, video conferencing, mobile phones, and trunking terminals), voice (eLTE broadband trunking, TETRA narrowband trunking, and the Internet), and data (GIS and SMS) interaction across terminals; collaborative management of a single incident across agencies
1. Awareness: Huawei’s all-scenario access network implements data backhaul from various sensors
2. Analysis: the collaboration among open smart cameras, IoT gateways, and video analysis platform featuring device-pipe-cloud incorporates industry-leading intelligent analysis algorithms
3. Warning: Comprehensive warning platform intelligently links massive numbers of sensors
1. Cross-regional, multi-level sharing: enables tens of thousands of users (such as police officers, government officials, and first respondents) to watch on-site videos concurrently
1. Dedicated trunking: TCCA mission-critical standards, industrial-level design, IP67 protection, Ex ic IIC T4
explosion-proof certification, -40ºC to +65ºC working environment for CPE
2. Real-time video dispatching: a single base station supports the upload and distribution of 27 video channels
3. Unified network: one eLTE network replaces two networks (TETRA narrowband trunking and broadband access)
4. Supports multi-platform mobile devices to manage and respond to emergencies anytime, anywhere
1. Global delivery and maintenance platform: 3 global and 9 regional Technical Assistance Centers (TACs), as well as 45 logistics and spare parts centers, implementing delivery and maintenance across 170+ countries and regions
2. Rich partner resources: 100+ ICT partners, 550+ certified service partners, and 120+ authorized service partners
1. Safe City Project for Kenya
This project created an all-in-one Safe City solution that combines call taking and dispatching, eLTE broadband trunking, video surveillance, and intelligent analysis (license plate recognition and traffic violation detection). Devices were provided to more than 10,000 police officers, enabling full visual command. On November 26, 2015, the project ensured security during Pope Francis’ visit to Kenya.
2. Thailand RTP emergency communications
Huawei built the world’s first 3GPP-based broadband trunking emergency communications system, with more than 45,000 terminals. The system supports the next-generation of visual command and surveillance, promptly shares the dispatching and policing affairs information, and leverages various mobile apps to improve law enforcement efficiency. After its successful deployment, the system provided multimedia communications support in rescuing the Thailand 18 youth soccer team members who were trapped in a cave, and safeguarded Rama X, the royal family, and governmental leaders in the Bike Un Ai Rak event.
For more information about Huawei’s Safe City solutions, please visit the official website:
last updated: June 2021