Atos is the global leader in secure and decarbonized digital with annual revenue of over € 11 billion and 110,000 employees serving a global client base in over 71 countries.
We help our clients evolve with a fully agile and remote workforce, migrate critical applications to the cloud so that they could operate at any time, and envision new cybersecurity threats. Atos is a co-founder of GAIA-X which aims to build a secure and transparent European data and cloud framework.
With more than 25 years of products, solutions and innovations with a clear strategy for Public Safety, Homeland Security, Healthcare, Defense, and Mission-Critical Communications, we are recognized as a trusted partner for public and private sector. Atos is a pioneer in innovative NG solutions with its globally recognized assets and experts. We have provided standardized solutions for “Next Generation Emergency Calling”, NG112 in the EU and NG911 in the US, already live in California.
We bring to our customers the most extensive range of solutions to address their public safety challenges. We provide solutions for Next Generation Emergency Communication, starting with emergency call routing, emergency and crisis management, tactical communications, safe and smart cities, law enforcement, intelligence, anti-terrorism, border control, immigration and more.
From observation to action, Atos solutions make it possible to collect and analyze critical data, generate the right response and ensure situational awareness. Organizations such as emergency medical services, police, firefighting services, and civil protection can obtain the information they need for timely decision-making. Atos solutions are based on secure networks and communications.
We are among the leaders who can provide end-to-end Public Safety solutions based on our own intellectual property and services linked to all steps of the process, including planning, design, transformational steps, integration and finally operation with day 2 support.
Our goal is always to provide “standards-based” solutions to allow seamless integrations with existing customer systems for reduced cost and easier integration.
• Atos Next Generation 112 (NG112) solutions allow you to receive calls through different channels (voice, video, Text, RTT, eCall, PEMEA, apps, IoT devices...) into your call routing network, to quickly allocate emergency callers to the right Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP). Atos offers the only carrier-grade VoIP session controller for both call handling and emergency services routing, aligned with next-generation emergency calling standards (NG112 / NG911). Powering the Emergency Services IP network (ESInet) domain is Atos’ NGCS infrastructure, beginning with the OpenScape First Response Emergency Services Routing Proxy (ESRP), built from OpenScape Voice that supports ETSI/EMTEL and NENA standards for ESInet/NGCS. Capable of handling multi-media as well as voice calls, Atos' OpenScape First Response ESInet / NGCS solution is centered around the industry's only carrier-grade Emergency Services Routing Proxy capable of handling high call rates.
Complementing the OpenScape First Response Emergency Services Routing Proxy are the other Atos-provided Next-Generation Core Services Components:
Combined with Atos’ third-party provided Emergency Call Routing Function (ECRF), Location Database (LDB) and Location Information Servers (LIS), your migration to a secure and managed ESInet/NGCS processing NG112 traffic is fully covered by Atos.
• GEMMA is the Atos product to be used in PSAPs for single and multi-agency operations, and also by emergency and crisis response teams in the field, fitting the needs of public safety organizations in multiple domains.
It covers the entire incident management lifecycle, from responding to emergency communications and launching standard operational procedures to perform actions and dispatch resources, to following-up first-responder interventions and event escalation. GEMMA is available both on-premises and in the Cloud and is natively prepared for multi-agency and multi-jurisdiction operations in which actionable information must be shared securely and in real-time between different stakeholders.
Atos' call handling, CAD and resource management components integrate seamlessly with our ESInet / NGCS and OpenScape PSAP Call Engine based on OpenScape Voice, as well as other own and third-party products, including the Lifelink Multinet products. GEMMA has been chosen by public safety organizations around the world, for nationwide operations such as 112 Romania, for regions such as Aragon, Galicia or Extremadura in Spain, or for major cities such as Madrid or Paris.
• Atos has successfully launched its Multi Agency Incident Transfer (MAIT) solution, connecting the UK's Emergency Services Network through a fast and secure messaging system - minimizing response times.
• Lifelink critical communication solutions respond to situations where communication is a vital issue. They ensure safety and relevant response to threats. Teams in the field can efficiently communicate and share data in real-time with a high level of resiliency and security. Lifelink consists of a complete portfolio covering all needs, from infrastructure to devices, including mission-critical applications, services and maintenance, with key core elements:
Lifelink Multinet Series that easily combine and record multiple network technologies from a unified C3 Command, Control and Communication platform.
- Lifelink Multinet Dispatcher combines all critical calls from different networks, such as TETRA, GSM-R, LTE, PBX, VHF, UHF or analog networks. They can be easily initiated in one step. Communication between the control center and field staff is always performed reliable and the required level of security is guaranteed.
- Lifelink Multinet Recorder can record all communications at different positions of the connection and throughout the lifecycle of the incident or event. It provides support for nearly all communication technologies and is based on IP architecture and standard COTS hardware. NG112 / NG911 communication types are supported including voice, data, pictures, RTT, video, eCall.
Lifelink MCX Connect: mission-critical application on a smartphone that brings a new mission critical set of services including MCPTT, MCData, MCVideo and real-time geolocation. Fully 3GPP compliant, this app successfully passed the ETSI interoperability Plugtests in October 2020. It enables integration with IoT data sources, such as drones and sensors, for example, to support safe city applications. It enables seamless migration to 5G, whether it is a private, public or hybrid network.
• Atos population alerting can cover a city, a region or an entire country. It coordinates different types of alerting technologies such as cell broadcasting, location-based SMS, including sirens and social media, providing a unique system that can be run by any public safety organizations. We have deployed systems in Switzerland and Portugal.
Atos provides unique end-to-end cybersecurity solutions with a data-centric and preemptive security approach to secure citizen data. We design, develop, manufacture, integrate software and hardware products, and bring a unique combination of expertise and experience in trusted digital identities, access management, data security, data confidentiality, threat detection and incident response.
Our offer is built around four core assets to accompany public safety organizations on their journey to thrive in the digital age of security, transparency, and trust:
Our solutions are about leveraging smart cities data and enriching them with artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things to ensure the public safety of the future. This can include data sources such as CCTV, smart buildings, smart lighting, traffic monitoring, parking monitoring audio detection, IoT devices and personal wearable devices. The goal is to make this pre-analyzed data available to call takers to accelerate the decision process and better inform the PSAP.
• Atos Urban Data Platform is an innovative solution for cities that collects, stores and performs big data analytics from security and emergency information to provide intelligent incident response. By collecting and analyzing data from multiple open sources, this solution provides insights to trigger and manage a real-time response.
Predictive analytics optimize resource management, and the secure exchange of data between systems enhances inter-agency collaboration. For example, the platform can interface with GEMMA to keep the public informed of an incident, making it easier for emergency teams to operate.
Atos provides a range of edge computing servers:
Atos developed two offerings in AI Software:
Both are end-to-end platforms providing pre-trained and customizable AI models powered by BullSequana server range or the cloud and enriched by 300+ Atos data scientist experts through worldwide expert labs. More than 100 AI models are available with >99% accuracy and are enhanced with 5G.
All major products used in our public safety solutions were developed by and for Atos and remain Atos intellectual property. All products have been implemented based on both European and North American standards. Atos has the organizational and technical scope and expertise to perform the role as systems integrator in large national-scale public safety projects.
Atos is recognized as the Global Leader in Edge AI in ISG’s Provider Lens™ ‘Internet of Things – Solutions & Services’ 2021 and 2022 Quadrant Report.
last updated: June 2022